Sunday, March 13, 2011

Thengha chammanthy

Good morning everyone

Today I am going to post my way of preparing thengha chammanthy aka thenghai chutney. I was in a hurry-burry this morning and wanted to prepare chutney quickly. You can save time in the morning, if you stock up on grated coconut and peeled shallots over the weekend or the previous night.

Ingredients:-
Grated cocunut - 1/2 cup
Green chillies - 2(you can vary this as per your spice preference)
Onion shallots - (peeled)4 in number
Salt- to taste

Preparation:-
Put grated coconut, green chillies, shallots and salt in the mixie and grind it to paste adding little water. Use can also use small quantity of tamarind juice while grinding to get that tangy taste. I did not use it my preparation. Transfer this to a bowl. This goes really well with idli that I prepared. Optionally, you can splutter a tsp of mustard seeds in refined oil along with curry leaves and add it to the chutney. If you are planning to use this with rice, then add tamarind juice and do not add too much of water.

No comments: